Monday, August 9, 2010

Narrowing the Field

A number of years ago I started playing with a Layout Decision Spreadsheet based on one from Model Railroad Planning.  It is heavily modified and changes to reflect changes in taste.  Plugging in the roads from my last post into it and I come away with two key winners.  The first is the USMRR City Point line with a close second to the Western & Atlantic.  The choice is now narrowed down to these two unless someone out there has a better suggestion.

Layout Decision Tree Spreadsheet Link

3 comments:

  1. I think you are referring to the Layout Decision matrix I wrote about in MRP a few years back. Glad to see it being used. Is there a chance that you could post it so we can see how you used it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Link to the spreadsheet is posted

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just examined your matrix. Did you try it with priority weightings instead of a numerical ranking? See how that changes your outcome.

    ReplyDelete